Skip to content
What is the minimum age to begin taking classes?
- Our Coquitlam and Port Moody area art classes begin for those children who have reached the age of 5 by December 31st of the art year. We teach children from 5 to 18 years old. As children grow older, they will have the opportunity to begin other disciplines of Art, including drawing for painting, mixed media, oil pastel, soft pastel, watercolor, and acrylic.
- Ceramic program minimum age is 10 years old.
How do I know what level of class to take?
- Our class placements take into account both age and ability. The artists will ensure your child is placed in the appropriate level to be both challenged and successful. Students will be tested.
How do I register?
- Registration for the Port Moody Art Classes will begin on May 30th, 2022 and carry on throughout the summer. A limited number of students may be able to register during the months from September onwards, if space permits; however, classes do fill-up quickly and we suggest that you register early to avoid disappointment. Please check the schedule page, call the studio at 604-417-9650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the most update registration dates/times.
When do classes start?
- Our Port Moody art classes run from September to June. A 10-month is required for progression. The year-ends with the Children’s Art Festival in June.
Where do I buy art t-shirt?
- Evelia Espinosa’s Art Studio provides an art T-shirt for the year.
What should I wear to art class?
- Wear old clothes, socks, mask, and your art t-shirt, and remember – no jewelry (snags) or gum (sticks) in class.
How do I pay my tuition?
- Monthly tuition is to be paid through a Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement. Additionally, we have a $70.00 registration fee. (please note, there is no refund for registration fee even as a result of withdrawal). Please visit the Fees tab for more information on monthly tuition. If you continuously miss your class, we do not provide refunds. Please ensure that you are prepared to commit to 10-months upon registration.
Is a refund issued if a student misses or withdraws from a class?
- Evelia Espinosa’s Art Studio does not issue refunds, credits or make-up classes for any missed lessons. Students withdrawing from a class must inform the office with a 30-day written notice and request a cancellation form. Cancellations are only accepted until November 30th, after this date there are no refunds/cancellations. Please keep in mind that the Port Moody Art classes are a 10-month commitment. The Children’s Art Festival is designed to be a focal point at the end of the year. If a student is absent from a class as a result of illness, please e-mail us prior to the start of their class.
What is Children’s Art Festival?
- The annual Childen’s Art Festival which displays three of your child’s best paintings in Port Moody Civic Centre Gallery. The students have the opportunity to be part of the contest People’s Choice Best Painting Contest. We will provide award for the top three first votes and a ribbon for the students who do a one hour public demonstration during our June festival.
Do I need to partake in the Art Test?
- Yes, you must demonstrate that you are able to start a painting and complete it within a maximum of two hours. You should be able to display your feelings and personality in your canvas. You should be able to show in public what you learned in class and meet the basic artistic requirements.
Do you have parking lot?
- Yes, Evelia Espinosa’s Art Studio has free parking. There are two spots right outside the studio door, two spots along Moray St and a few “Visitor” spots in the underground and the upper level parking.
Can I book a private lesson?
- We do not offer private lessons at this time, however, if your child has not improved in skill level, we will happily provide the classes without charge.