What is the minimum age for enrolment in art classes?
- The minimum age of enrolment for our Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody area, drawing & painting classes is 5 years old.
- The minimum age of enrolment for our Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody area, ceramics classes is 8 years old.
How do I determine my level?
- Our art classes are mixed age & mixed level. New students will begin as “Beginners”, but rest assured that our staff will ensure that your child is both challenged and successful.
How do I register?
- Registration for our art classes in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody areas will begin in June and will continue throughout the summer by email. If space permits, students are also welcome to register from September onwards; however, please note that our classes tend to fill up quickly. To avoid disappointment, we recommend early registration. Please refer to the Class Schedule for class availability.
When do classes start?
- Our Port Moody art classes are scheduled to run parallel to the school year, from September to June. We welcome new students to join throughout the year, subject to availability. The program concludes with the annual Art Test and Children’s Art Festival in June.
Where do I buy art t-shirt?
- During the student’s first class, Evelia Espinosa’s Art Studio will provide an art T-shirt that will be used for the duration of the year.
What should I wear to art class?
- Please dress in old clothes and socks, and wear your art t-shirt to protect your clothing.
What is the cost of tuition?
- Our Drawing & Painting or Ceramics courses have a fixed fee which can be divided into monthly instalments and paid through a Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement.
- We have a $70.00 registration fee (please note, there is no refund for registration fee even as a result of withdrawal).
- Please visit the Fees tab for more information. Please be advised that NO cancellations will be permitted after November 30th, 2023.
Is a refund issued if a student misses or withdraws from a class?
- We do not offer refunds, credits, or make-up classes for any missed lessons. If a student is unable to attend a class due to illness, kindly email us prior to the start of the class.
- Refunds and cancellations are only permitted until November 30th. After this date, no refunds or cancellations will be accepted. Students who wish to withdraw from classes before the end of the cancellation period must provide a 30-day written notice to the office and request a cancellation form.
- Please be aware that the Port Moody Art classes require a 10-month commitment. The Children’s Art Festival is designed to be a focal point at the end of the year.
What is Children’s Art Festival?
- Our Childen’s Art Festival is the annual student’s exhibition that takes place at the Port Moody Civic Centre Gallery. Our students will have the opportunity to showcase their work to the general public, much like a professional artist would.
Do I need to partake in the Art Test?
- Students above the age of 6 will be required to participate in the annual Art Test. The test has been designed to assess the student’s theoretical knowledge and practical skills according to their level.
Do you have parking lot?
- Yes, Evelia Espinosa’s Art Studio has free parking on the street or underground, please park your car in VISITOR area.
Can I book a private lesson?
- We do not offer private lessons at this time, however, if your child has not improved in skill level, we will happily provide the classes without charge.