I was introduced to painting as part of my instruction received while at the teachers’ training in my home country of Mexico City. Later as a teacher, I developed educational material for SEP (Mexican Ministry of Education), where I mixed oil, watercolor, soft pastel, mixed media and acrylic techniques and I got my Bachelor in Pedagogy.
That was the beginning of my interest for art. In the late 1990’s I decided to bring it to the professional level, I went to the Abugaber’s Art School in Mexico City for 4 years and I learned from Master Roberto from San Carlos University of the Art.
I’ve taught seminars to special education teachers based on fundamental techniques of oil painting. Also, I participated in the program “Rincones de la Pintura” held by the SEP (Mexican Ministry of Education) which focused on child development, where I made a program of techniques for watercolor, acrylic, and oil.
I’ve participated in exhibitions in Special Education Schools, so that the children may be exposed to art.
Since I arrived in Canada, I set up my own studio in the Tri-Cities. I have been a part of the Coquitlam community more than 10 years and It has been my centre of refuge, where I continue painting and developing my talent. My tendency is to paint picturesque, old Mexican towns with stone streets and houses made of sun-dried brick with terracotta roof tiles. As well, I create still life of vibrant colored flowers in traditional mud vases. I’ve attempted to instill my roots as a Mexican yet have my own style.
For the summers of 2005 to 2017 I’ve been a member of “Artists in the Park” held by Port Moody’s Center of the Arts. The program is intended to enhance a visit to the park through the presence of artists at work. It is an opportunity for artists to display, sell and paint in Port Moody parks. Also, I have been a active member from Federation of Canadian Artist and Port Moody Art Association.
I got my Certification in Fine Art from Emily Carr University as well as my Advance Certification in Painting and Drawing.
- Port Moody Art Association (2006-2017)
- Federation of Canadian Artists (2007-2017)
- ArtsConnect (2007-2014)
- Art Focus Artists’ Association (2008-2011)
- Gathering Place and Outlet by Art Focus.(2009 and 2010)
- Art Focus at Leigh Square community Arts Village.(2009 to 2011)
- Port Coquitlam City Hall(2009 to 2013)
- Terry Fox Library (2008 to 2011)
- Port Moody Safe Building Police Department.(2009 to 2014)
- Coquitlam Public Library – Organizer for my students. (2007to 2010)
- Eagle Ridge Hospital.(2008 to 2017)
- Children’s Art Festival – Port Moody Civic Centre Gallery – Organizer.(2007 to 2017)
- TreeFest – Artsconnect – Riverview Hospital.(2007 to 2014)
- Port Moody Art Association Show. (2007 to 2017)
- Artist in the Park – Port Moody’s Center of the Arts (2006-2017)
- Federation of Canadian Artists (2007 to 2017)
- Mexico Arte – Kitsilano, Vancouver, B.C. (2006 to 2010).
- Terry Fox Library(2009)
- Coquitlam Public Library.(2007 to 2009)
- 2017 Tri-Cities News, August 23/ Feel the Colour
- 2017 Tri-Cities News, June 8/10 Years of the Children’s Art Festival
- 2012 Tri-Cities News, June10/Children’s art show
- 2011 Tri-Cities News, June 15 / Children show off their talent at art fest
- 2011 Tri-Cities News, June 17 / Kid’s art show in Port Moody
- 2010 Tri-Cities News, June 10, 15 ,19 / Four Children’s art festival sponsored by Church’s Chicken
- 2009 Tri-Cities News, June 17 / Third year for kid’s art fest.
- 2008 Tri-Cities News, September 19 / Art Expo at the Treefest at Riverview Hospital.
- 2008 Tri-Cities News, June 18 / Little artists big on talent, dedication.
- 2007 Tri-Cities News, September 23 / Art Expo at the Treefest at Riverview Hospital.
- 2007 Tri-Cities News, June 13 / Mexico is influence in teacher’s painting.
- 2007 The Now June, 22 / Local kids featured at festival.
- 2010 Tri-Cities News, June 11/Children’s Art Festival
- 2010 Emily Carr University / Business plan.
- 2002 Ministry of Education of Mexico / Children Paintings.
- 2001 Ministry of Education of Mexico / Painting for disabled children.
- 2000 Ministry of Education of Mexico. / Teaching Teachers to paint.
- 2017 Emily Carr University (Vancouver, B.C.) / Advance Certification in Ilustration (current)
- 2015 Emily Carr University (Vancouver, B.C.) / Advance Certification in Drawing
- 2012 Emily Carr University (Vancouver, B.C.) / Advance Certification in Painting
- 2010 Emily Carr University (Vancouver, B.C.) / Certification in Fine Arts
- 2000 Art Academy Abugaber (Mexico City) / Fine Arts
- 1997 Chapultepec University (Mexico City) / MBA
- 1992 Pedagogic Nacional University (Mexico City) / Pedagogy
- 1987 Ignacio Manuel Altamirano Teacher’s School / Teacher
Contact my Port Moody Art Classes today and get your child started on a journey that can shape their lives forever.